9 Types of NetSuite Keyboard Shortcuts You Need to Know
Speed up and improve your NetSuite experience by using important keyboard shortcuts. You can use them when searching for data, speeding up data entry, or navigating reports. Make your work faster and easier by using these nine NetSuite keyboard shortcuts.
You're in good company if you are an accounting professional with one of the 27,000 firms using Netsuite. And you already know how useful its system is. You can make the ERP more efficient for your team by adding shortcuts to your dashboard and automating integrations.
However, like other amazing technologies, the best Netsuite hacks are simple and aim to reduce your workload. The most used tool is the classic keyboard shortcut.
Keyboard shortcuts have been around for a long time. They became popular in the 1980s when the copy-and-paste shortcuts became very popular. Netsuite has its own keyboard tricks that will make your business processes easier. The best part is that these quick shortcuts are an easy-to-remember and free NetSuite solution.
So, if you prefer keys to a mouse or want to save time, here are our top keyboard shortcuts for Netsuite users.
1. Searching All Data in Your NetSuite Account
Search is one of the most used functions of any software program. To rapidly pull up the global search field and begin looking up any transaction or record, simply:
- PC: Press Alt+G
- Mac: Use Option + G
You can also qualify your searches to speed up the process and reduce irrelevant entries. Here is a complete list of additional search tricks:
- Include inactive records with a plus: keyword+
- Exact match with quotation marks: "keyword"
- Use a Wildcard with a percentage sign: %keyword
- Match an individual word with underscores: a keyword phrase
- Search for multiple keywords with OR: keyword1 OR keyword2
2. Faster Data Entry
Entering data is a bore, and let's face it, the quicker you're done with it, the better. Here are some shortcuts to spread up your data entry and form completion process:
- Hold Alt for PC or Option for Mac users and type a letter to move to a sub-tab.
- In transaction headers, press Enter or Return to save a transaction quickly.
- On the transaction line, press Enter. This should take you to the next line.
- Press Tab to move to the next field or button.
- Use the Spacebar to check or clear a check box.
- In the Amount fields, you can enter numbers to calculate a total amount, such as 2+2.
- Hold Ctrl or Control for Mac users to select multiple choices in a list.
3. Keyboard Shortcuts for Date Fields
Using these keyboard shortcuts for dates will make setting reminders and due dates faster and easier. The best part is that most of these shortcuts are simple single letters:
- Shift+T to enter tomorrow's date.
- Press P to input the end of the current period.
- Press L to input into the end of the previous period.
- Press T to input the current date.
- Press Y to input yesterday's date.
- Press M to input the last day of the month.
- Use the Plus Sign (+) to increase a day.
- Use the Minus Sign (-) to decrease a day.
Remember that all of these letters should be pressed in lowercase. For example, when you press L to add the end of the previous account period, you should use a lowercase l.
4. Navigating Subtabs
Tabs and subtabs are a give-in when working on the computer. This is why having an efficient way to navigate them is especially helpful. To switch between subtabs:
- Hold Alt
- Press the corresponding letter
Your cursor should appear in the first field on the subtab you selected.
5. Viewing NetSuite Reports
You can quickly scroll through reports using these four shortcuts.
- Press Page Up to go to the previous page of a report.
- Press Page Down to go to the next page.
- Press Home to go to the first page.
- Press End to go to the last page.
6. Filtering Search Results
If you want to filter your search results, you only need a few special keys:
- The Tab key can help you to navigate filters.
- Press the Down Arrow or Up Arrow keys to pick options from a filter dropdown list.
- Press the Tab key to apply the value typed in a filter field.
While Enter or Return can be used for several Netsuite shortcuts, this key does not apply a filter value.
7. Open Associations in New Tabs
Sometimes, receipts and other important information are attached in link format. To open them in a new tab, you need to:
- Press Ctrl and click the mouse
You can also right-click the link with your mouse to open new tabs.
8. Refresh the Page
After updating your system, you can review your key performance indicators (KPIs) on the dashboard. To do so, just press:
- Ctrl + F5
9. Search Field Quick Shortcuts
Use this list of field prefixes to find what you're looking for quickly using the global search bar.
- Employee = emp
- Phone Call = ph
- Expense Report= exp
- Sales Order = so
- Invoice = inv
- File = fi
- Item = it
- Estimate = est
- Customer = cu
Get More Out of Netsuite
Want more Netsuite tips? We aim to streamline accounting by connecting with Netsuite and other ERPs. We constantly strive to improve with shortcuts, best practices, and automation.
If you want to learn more ways to finish your work quickly, check out 5 additional NetSuite shortcuts. You can also download this free guide for Netsuite best practices with helpful tips for enhancing your experience.
In addition to keyword shortcuts, you can save time by automating invoicing and payment collections. If that sounds like something you're interested in, read our article on How Automated Payment Services Can Boost Your Business.