9 types of Netsuite keyboard shortcuts you need to know
If you are an accounting professional with one of the 27,000 firms using Netsuite, you're in good company. And you probably already know how useful the Netsuite system is. From adding shortcuts to your dashboard to automation integrations, there's always a new way to make the ERP more efficient for your team.
But among all of the amazing technology out there designed to make your workday faster, some of the best Netsuite hacks are simple.
Keyboard shortcuts have been around before the copy and paste shortcuts became a smash hit in the 1980s. And Netsuite has its own set of useful keyboard tricks.
So if you prefer keys to a mouse, or if you'd just like to save some time, here are our top keyboard shortcuts for Netsuite users.
1. Searching All Data in Your NetSuite Account
Search is probably one of the most used functions of any software program. To rapidly pull up the global search field and begin looking up any transaction or record, simply:
- PC: Press Alt+G
- Mac: Use Option + G
2. Faster Data Entry
Entering data is a bore, and let's face it, the quicker you can be done with it, the better. Here are some shortcuts to spread up your data entry and form completion process:
- Hold Alt for PC or Option for Mac users and type a letter to move to a sub-tab.
- In transaction headers, press Enter or Return to quickly save a transaction.
- On the transaction line, press Enter. This should take you to the next line.
- Press Tab to move to the next field or button.
- Use the Spacebar to check or clear a check box.
- In Amount fields, you can enter numbers to calculate a total amount, such as 2+2.
- Hold Ctrl or Control for Mac users to select multiple choices in a list.
3. Keyboard Shortcuts for Date Fields
Following these keyboard shortcuts for dates should make it quick and painless to set reminders, due dates, and more. The best part is that most of these shortcuts are simple single letters:
- Shift+T to enter tomorrow’s date.
- Press P to input the end of the current period.
- Press L to input into the end of the previous period.
- Press T to input the current date.
- Press Y to input yesterday’s date.
- Press M to input the last day of the month.
- Use the Plus Sign (+) to increase a day.
- Use the Minus Sign (-) to decrease a day.
Keep in mind that all of these letters should be pressed in the lower case. For example, when you press L to add the end of the previous account period, you should be using a lower case l.
4. Navigating Subtabs
Tabs and subtabs are basically a give-in when it comes to working on the computer. This is why having an efficient way to navigate them is especially helpful. To switch between subtabs:
- Hold Alt
- Press the corresponding letter
Your cursor should appear in the first field on the subtab you selected.
5. Viewing NetSuite Reports
When it comes to reports, you can rapidly scroll through each document with these four shortcuts:
- Press Page Up to go to the previous page of a report.
- Press Page Down to go to the next page.
- Press Home to go to the first page.
- Press End to go to the last page.
6. Filtering Search Results
If you want to filter your search results, you only need a few special keys:
- The Tab key can help you to navigate filters.
- Press the Down Arrow key or the Up Arrow key to pick options from a filter dropdown list.
- Press the Tab key to apply the value typed in a filter field.
While Enter or Return can be used for several different Netsuite shortcuts, this key does not apply a filter value.
7. Open links in new tabs
Sometimes receipts and other important information are attached in link format. To open them in a new tab, you just need to:
- Press Ctrl and click the mouse
You can also right-click the link with your mouse to open new tabs.
8. Refresh the Page
Sometimes, you want to review your key performance indicators (KPIs) while on the dashboard after updating your system. To do so, just press:
- Ctrl + F5
9. Search Field Shortcuts
Finally, when you are using the global search bar, use this list of field prefixes to quickly find what you're looking for:
- Employee = emp
- Phone Call = ph
- Expense Report= exp
- Sales Order = so
- Invoice = inv
- File = fi
- Item = it
- Estimate = est
- Customer = cu
Get more out of Netsuite
Want more Netsuite tips? As an AR automation integration with Netsuite and other ERPs, making accounting as efficient as possible is all we think about. Seriously.
To learn more easy tricks to really get your work out of the way, download your free best practices guide for Netsuite