What is NetSuite Certification? 6 Common Questions Answered
NetSuite certification helps you become an expert in this cloud-based ERP system. It offers a range of certifications for specific skills and areas of functionality. Businesses need to have the skills to use the system and find experts who can help with training and support. It is an ongoing process that helps drive productivity, efficiency, and growth.
You've been using NetSuite for over a year. You feel you have a good grasp on this ERP — and you're right. But do you know all the secrets and best practices of the platform?
Sometimes, the workplace needs more than an individual's knowledge of work software. Consider these scenarios:
- You must delegate a task to a co-worker, but they must learn to complete it in NetSuite.
- You're looking to hire a new professional but must test their NetSuite experience.
- You're training staff on how to use Netsuite, but there are some questions you need help answering.
- You have questions about the program but need to figure out who to ask.
NetSuite certification takes accounting professionals' skill sets to the next level.
6 Common Questions about NetSuite Certification
1. What does it mean to be NetSuite certified?
There are many benefits to investing in NetSuite certification. Some advantages of taking and passing the certification exams are:
- Access to a close-knit NetSuite professional network, including a closed LinkedIn group.
- Stand out from other candidates when pursuing new professional opportunities.
- Streamline your processes on NetSuite.
- A better understanding of the NetSuite skills when training and hiring workers.
- Get NetSuite discounts for training your employees.
- Improve the quality of your implementation.
- Establish benchmarks for using NetSuite.
2. What are the different NetSuite certifications?
There are seven different certification programs divided into two groups:
- Administrator. This exam is for professionals who need to know the ins and outs of NetSuite on a detailed level. This is great for managers, developers, and consultants who want to fully understand NetSuite's ERP and system. There are four certification exams for this level:
- ERP Consultant
- SuiteCloud Developer II
- User. This certification is ideal for accounting and finance professionals who use SuiteAnaytlics. Its two exams are shorter and focused on specific NetSuite functions. There are two certification exams for this level:
3. What is the passing score for NetSuite certification?
NetSuite doesn't reveal the passing score because each exam has its own grading criteria. But it's possible to score more than 50% on all sections in an exam and still fail. So if you score less than 50% on any section, you will get a notification and your results immediately.
4. How much do NetSuite certifications cost?
Each exam has its fee and registration fee.
- Administrator certification exams cost $250 to register for and $150 to retake.
- User certification exams have a $150 registration fee and a $150 retake fee.
5. For how long is the NetSuite certification good?
You must take the Annual Release Quiz annually to keep up your Administrator-level certifications. This is a brief test that covers two recently released features. This regular quiz is open-booked and non-proctored, so it's a smooth process.
User certifications don't need regular quizzes or exams to keep their status "Current."
6. What are the best ways to get NetSuite training?
The NetSuite Customer Cloud Learning Center offers on-demand courses and live webinars to help you build skills. The certification portal provides free study guides and practice tests. Using the platform is the most effective way to increase NetSuite knowledge.
There are also many third-party training options. You can find on-demand NetSuite courses on sites like Udemy or free tutorials on YouTube. You can also invest in live training services.
I'm in AR/AP and Accounting. Which Certification Should I Take?
If you're using the NetSuite ERP, you will benefit from the Financial and SuiteAnalytics certifications. The Financial exam will help you understand each standard module for accounting functions. The SuiteAnalytics exam provides more support in reporting.
To move up in your organization, study for the SuiteFoundations exam and the Administrator certification. To access advanced certifications, you must complete the NetSuite courses listed in the Learning Center.
Optimize NetSuite with Paystand
Mastering your organization's ERP is one step toward optimization. After you simplify the business processes using your NetSuite knowledge, go to the NetSuite Marketplace. Look for Paystand there to find automation integrations.
Paystand works with NetSuite Credit Card Processing to automate AR tasks and use important features.
- Customized branding portal
- Zero-fee payments
- Enhanced analytics
- Notarized receipts.
We help various industries by offering a NetSuite ERP solution. This solution reduces DSO by 60% and cuts costs.
Book a demo with our team today and learn more about how you can power NetSuite with our expertise.